viernes, 24 de abril de 2020

MY PERSONAL PLE: Verónica Cano Egea.




Concerning to my Personal Learning Environment, I have chosen five categories
to divide the elements (resources, activities, sources of information) used for the
management of my personal learning; the ones that I put into practice to create new
projects, the ones that I make use to reflect and get information, the ones that
I use to communicate with others as well as to share information, the ones that I
employ to save all this information and my source of inspiration. 

Moreover, as for the design, it has a symbolic hidden meaning. In the middle
of it, several things are displayed, an avatar of myself between books and next to my
self a chameleon as a symbol that one of the characteristics of my PLE is the
flexibility or the capacity of adapting to the circumstances surrounding me.
Adding to this, the two circles have been merged as in a Venn’s diagram, as to form
an infinity symbol to portray that my PLE is something which is constantly
changing. Furthermore, in the background there is a picture which can be familiar
to most of us, the Main Street of America or the U.S. Route 66, as a metaphor of the
fact that a PLE is something which is endless. 
Create:(seekpng.com)
- Baamboozle: this is a website where you can create your own “quiz”,
this is a very resourceful tool for learning, I use it in my workspace, to make students
learn while having fun playing cooperatively split up in teams. Moreover, I consider
that it is easier to use at class than Kahoot, since you as teacher, are the one who
decides if the answer that they give you is right or not, you don’t have to deal with
connection problems and speed is not important because sometimes faster is not
better.
- Kahoot : I use this application in a similar way to baamboozle, students
are usually more motivated when they are competing between them and this is the
perfect tool to achieve that adding to the disguised element of noticing weaknesses
and strengths in students concerning to the theoretical elements. 
- Miro : this is a genuine application that I have recently discovered where
you can organize your information creating different kinds of diagrams. 
- Prezi : this is a very useful tool to make presentations in a more dynamic
way than powerpoint. 
- Ilovepdf: with this tool you will be able to change, convert and adapt files
in the format that you desire as well as combining different files into just one and
it’s totally free!. 
- Powtoon: this is another application that I usually use to make presentations,
in this case you can use avatars to make it more realistic and it gives you the option
to make videos and upload them to youtube.
- Movavi: as I have had to make many videos and we have a lot more to do, this
programme is the ideal tool to create your videos in the most efficient manner, with
a handful of settings that you can control without difficulty.
- Microsoft word document, excel, ppt: the most common ones are
documents in any format depending on the utility that you want that document for.
- Google docs : this is the perfect tool that you use to create the same types of
documents that you could do with Microsoft Office but it gives you the advantage of
being able to work online in group and save it in real time. 
Read:(pinterest.com)
- Wordreference: this is a tool to broaden our vocabulary bank and it even
has a forum to solve our linguistic queries.
- Linguee: in comparison with Wordreference, this tool puts the word in
context and you can detect the connotation that you want to express with the word
that you have the intention to use in your native language. 
- Google scholar : here you can find plenty of articles to research and
reflect about theoretical tenets. 
- Wikipedia : this website is the most comfortable one to answer your
problems but it is not the most reliable one. 
- Teachers/students/friends/family (shutterstock.com): this is one of the
greatest and most enriching source of the information that I get in my day to day life.
Communicate and share:(getdrawings.com)
- Zoom: this is the videoconference tool that I use in my job, it is very advantageous
since you can share your own screen, share a whiteboard and different tricks which are ideal
to make this situation easier.
- BB Collaborate (academic purposes), Skype(social purposes).
- Whatsapp: I use it not only with a social interest but also to keep up to date with
university notices and announcements.
- Facebook: most of my classmates don’t use this social network, however, in my case
it is the one which I most employ due to the fact that I am in several pages where you can get
information about relevant issues as well as sharing posts of different tasks that I am developing
or tasks which have been carried out in my English academy. 
- Instagram : this is an application that I am not quite fond of making use of it, but it’s
very useful to find resources about teaching methodologies or activities to implement them and
I share the activities that I have carried out as well. 
- AV, Gmail and Outlook(sending emails, tasks and reports with academic,
work and social purposes as well as obtaining information).
- Blogger: thanks to this website I can develop my work in this subject and show you our
weekly progress.
Collect: (dreamstime.com)
-My mind(pngitem) and Google drive: these are the two sources of storage of
my PLE.

Inspire: (clipart-library.com).
- Youtube: with all the videos that I have to create, this is ideal to broaden my creativity.
- Pixabay: this is great to acquire very good quality pictures.
- Spotify: music is always a wellspring of inspiration, I love discovering new songs and
playlists and it makes me feel better working while listening to music, I recommend to you
the playlist called "fuera estrés".
- Pinterest: this is a inexhaustible source of resources.
- Kindle: one of my greatest passions is reading, kindle is also great to use nowadays
to show stories to your children by zoom and get inspiration from educational handbooks.
- Friends(dreamstime.com): this is the most inmediate source of new ideas, learning by sharing!

I hope that you enjoy reading this post and learn throughout it!

See you next week,

Verónica

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario